Friday, September 30, 2011

Garden Helper

 Meet Tivo Le my garden helper!
Tivo is a mixed breed, rescued "sweety"! We met five years ago when she was only 8 weeks old and I was volunteering at the local SPCA.
She loves to be outside in what I refer to as her "Queendom". She is not big on riding in the car or taking a walk but she does love it out back. As you can see in the above picture on the left, she pitches in to help with the empty plant bucket. When I do some digging she is right there to help. I step aside and let her go at it. She loves to put her nose in the hole and give a good whiff and then dig like crazy.  When she is finished I still need to do a little more digging but her help is always appreciated and it is worth a good laugh.
Tivo loves to give the squirrels a good chase and I must add she is excellent at it. She doesn't go "willie-nillie" about it but rather stalks them. It is a good show to watch.
Tivo is a wonderful companion and yes dogs and gardens don't always go well together but there is always a way to make it work. I do need to fence in some of my garden area where I have tender plants but the fence keeps the rabbits out also so it is a good investment of time and money. Our relationship, Tivo's and mine, is enhanced by the time we spend together in our "Queendom".

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I just caught up with your most recent postings. Very helpful and some like this one amusing. Keep up the good work!
    Nancy K

    ReplyDelete