Thursday, March 28, 2024

The day Mother Nature stopped by!


 It was a quiet Saturday morning in June of 2023. Viva and I had come in from the backyard and were getting ready for our morning walk. It was 8:30, the sun was out and there was no wind. As we were ready to go out the front door there was a loud, very loud CRASH out back. I went out the back door to see if I could tell where the noise came from. I could not believe my eyes as the picture shows a larg limb dropped from the tree and landed on my simple shed...CRASH!

My spirit was as crushed as my poor shed! Never having experienced this type of situation I called my insurance company. The agent was wonderful! I felt bad that I was feeling so sad at really a minor incident. So many difficult disasters around the world and I am feeling sad about my little problem. The agent shared she understood and I needed to be ok with my feelings as this was/is my personal "crash"!

It has been just about a year since this very large limb fell. I have removed all the broken pieces and have begun to move my exsisting plants around . 

To the left is a picture of my shady yard before the tree decided to give me more sun light! 
the shed is in the background. 

Below is the same view but looking like a hurricane passed through! The orginal 8x8 shed weather the fall and I have sinced made it usable. I had all the tree canopy cut off as it was difficult to tell how far the disease had spead.
I just love this tree and instructed the men to leave what you see in the picture, it contnues to give praise!



That Saturday morning I was overwhelmed. How was I ever going to find the energy to put the yard back together! No shade! The hot summer sun full blast on my yard and house!

I don't know how I do it, but I am doing it! I have rearange the stone 
walls and paths, dug up my existing sun plants, divided and replanted
them in new gardens. I am excited about the new adventure and am
making the tree the focal point of my back yard once again!

Below a more recent picture of the journey.







 Well as "they" say this is my story and that is that!

I still haven't found spell check and need to learn how to arrange my photos better. I am not a pro just someone out there sharing about simple living. No politics. No AI, obvious!

Keep it simple and keep looking up to the stars!



the City Cottager






No comments:

Post a Comment